Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shoot with More Love

Talk about a great day surrounded by photography! On Saturday I went to the Power of Passion seminar featuring photographers Sandy Puc and Jerry Ghionis. I'd have to say that I walked out of that seminar feeling so motivated and inspire and it felt amazing! As part of the seminar they gave tips on marketing for your business as well as tips on wedding photography. Listening to the two photographers was so moving! Sandy, like me, started photography at the age of 17 (I think I started around 15? maybe 16) and it's incredible to see where she is now!

Jerry had so many good things to say that really hit me. One quote he said was "You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week." This one hit me so hard because with my 365 project I constantly feel like I have to have an amazing photo every day and if I don't get that then I've let myself down, when in reality all I need to do is improve. Every day is a new step, practice, and a whole new learning experience. I might not have an amazing photo every day, but as long as my photos are better than last weeks and I'm learning then nothing else matters!

Another thing he said was "Shoot with more love". Too often we get wrapped up in photography to the point that we just shoot and don't think about emotion and reactions. Jerry told us stories about his photos and how he got the reactions he did and it taught me so much about what I can do to get better photos, especially with my wedding photography.

So for my photo for the day, maybe I took him a little too seriously in the shooting and love department...

Day 43
February 12

"Shoot with More Love"


No comments:

Post a Comment