Wednesday, February 16, 2011

As a little kid I never knew that the moon was also visible during the day time. There were three things I associated with the night: dark, stars and the moon. The day I found out that you could see the moon in daylight was probably about the coolest thing since fruit roll ups!

I've always looked at the stars at night and wondered who else was looking up at them too. I saw them as a blanket that kept my family and friends safe when I'm not around and I'm too far away to see them. They're like billions and billions of eyes watching over them to protect them. But the moon.....the moon is one eye, watching over all of us to keep us safe. Unlike the stars, it's there to see us even when the sun is out.

The moon is my connection to my friends and family when I'm not around. One of my favorite lyrics says, "I'm jealous of you moon, tonight you get to see her". And it couldn't be more true! Every time I see it I'm jealous of who its seeing right now, but it makes me happy to know that we're all being protected by the same eye in the sky!

Day 46
February 15

"The Eye in the Sky"


No comments:

Post a Comment