Monday, February 28, 2011

The Lost Art

I am a digital kinda person. Yes, my very first camera was a simple point and shoot film camera, but THEN I got my cool, awesome, amazing, point and shoot digital camera! Then I got a film SLR camera and finally upgraded to a digital SLR camera. At that point I thought I was done with film and wouldn't have to think about it ever again! Until I started this semester and had to take a black and white film class. I feel so lost in the film world. I always try and check the back of my camera to see what my picture looks like, but I soon find that 1- there isn't a picture on the back of my camera and 2- I look like a complete idiot because I'm looking for a picture on the back of a film camera!

I have an assignment due at the end of this week and I have been racking my brain for the past week trying to think of ideas. I think of this great picture with great light and amazing colors, but soon realize that it will only be black and white, no colors. To live in a digital world and teach yourself to see in black and white is a difficult task, let me tell you!

I'm not saying that I hate film or I hate black and white photography. It's just a whole new world to me!

So here it is...

Day 58
February 27

"Lost Art"


No comments:

Post a Comment