Sunday, February 27, 2011

First try at Canasta

My family is the family who plays cards at every family gathering. My immediate family does a puzzle most holidays but when we get together with the whole extended family we play pitch. Besides pitch, rummy, go fish, and slap jack, I don't know too many card games, but the other night I added one more game to my list.

Scott asked me the other night, "You don't have any plans for tonight do you?", I replied "No....why?" and he said, "Good, we're going to play Canasta!"

I had heard of Canasta before but had never learned how to play it so Scott, his mom, and dad all taught me how to play. It was a couples battle since Scott and I were on a team against his mom and dad. Since I was a new comer to the game, they kept the trash talking to a minimum, but I think by the end of the game I was the worst one when it came to the trash talking. I think I had a little bit of beginners luck as Scott and I stole the win!

Day 56
February 25

"10 of clubs"


No comments:

Post a Comment