Monday, February 7, 2011

Laces out

I have a confession to make. I am a 'sporty' person. I played sports all throughout my junior high and high school years and I play basketball on an intramural team at my college. I have always supported my schools teams (more so high school than college) but I root for the home team, yada yada. But I watch one football game all year long and that game is the Super bowl. I watch the super bowl for three reasons.

1) To say I've watched at least one football game all year long
2) Because it gives me an excuse to eat chips and salsa and drink pop for a few hours
3) So I can participate in the conversation everybody is having
4) The main reason- To watch all the commercials. Duh!

I have to be honest with you that I wasn't too impressed with this years commercials. I had a few favorites though!
The little kid as Darth Vadar was adorable!
The Pepsi Max commercial on the first date just made me laugh!
And the E-Trade commercial with the baby is so funny!

And I have to say the half time show was very depressing....I'll just leave it at that!

Along with eating chips and salsa, I had these little football cake kabobs things. They were AMAZING!! Lets just say I had a few!

When I took this picture I couldn't help but think of the scene from Ace Ventura where Finkle/Einhorn says that the reason they lost the super bowl is because Dan Marino didn't set the ball up with the laces out. I couldn't get the right video but you can see kind of what I'm talking about here!

Day 37
February 6


No comments:

Post a Comment