Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy belated Valentines day!

It's been a busy past few days so I'm finally catching up on my blog and posting recent 365 pictures! I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long

If you asked many of my friends and family members how I feel about Valentines day they would probably tell you that I hate it with a passion. Growing up, I was never a fan! I think out of the 20 Valentines days I have 'celebrated' in my life, I have spent about three of them lying on the couch sick. In elementary I had to have all my valentines sent home with my brother for me because I was gone from school for about a week I was so sick. My seventh grade year I was home on the couch yet again because I had the chicken pox! Talk about love!

Over the last few years I have always looked at it as a 'terrible day'. Last year my dorm had a Valentines day dance, and I got the honors of naming it "The Dance of Love, or Lack there of". I had the idea that Valentines day should be a day to spend with your lover and all the romantic stuff!

On Valentine's day I was chatting with my friend on Facebook and I told her "Happy Valentines day best friend, I love you!" We chatted a little bit and got on the topic of giving and receiving gifts for Valentines day and I said that Valentines is hyped up as this day that guys have to give girls chocolate, roses, take them out to dinner, and show them extra attention. But why does that just have to be on Valentines day? Shouldn't that be everyday? (not the buying them roses and goodies, but the showing them how much they love them) Why do they have to go the extra mile just one day a year? And why is it always about dating couples? Shouldn't it be a day to tell all the people you love how you really feel about them and how much they mean to you?

I think so!

On Valentines day I made my boyfriend his favorite kind of dessert bar and did the one thing that I knew would mean more to him than anything else, drive down to Denver to surprise him. I asked his mom to help me make sure he would be home and the surprise would still work. And lucky for me, it worked out perfectly. I've never seen someone so surprised, confused, and happy all at the same time!

I realized this year that Valentines day isn't about gifts. It's about telling the people close to you just how much they mean to you.

The best thing gift you can give to someone is your friendship, love, and loyalty
I think this ring says it all....

Day 45
February 14

"Love. Friendship. Loyalty"


Happy belated Valentines day fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment