Friday, January 28, 2011

Peaceful day- Waiting for Beauty

Talk about a great day!
Yesterday I didn't have class until noon so I got to sleep in a bit, take my time getting ready and then head to class. When I got to class I walked in to see a sub, he handed me a quiz, I finished it in 5 minutes, and class was over! Since my next class was cancelled and all I needed to do for my last class of the day was take pictures, I had the whole day off (in a sense).
So I started taking some pictures in my dorm for my graphics project and decided that since it was about 50 degrees outside at the end of January I was going to go outside to take some pictures!
I asked my roommate if she wanted to go with me on my adventure and she gladly agreed. When we set off I had NO idea where I was going or what I was going to find but all I knew was I had nothing to do for the rest of the day and the sky was gorgeous. I love days where the sky is a deep blue filled with lots of white fluffy clouds. They make for the best photos.

We drive around for a while before I drove off the highway on a side road and found this....


By looking at the clouds I knew that the sunset was going to be a pretty one so my roommate and I decided to stay until sunset. So while we did that we killed some time and took some pictures of her.




After a while of waiting we saw this....

And finally!
What we were waiting for. Talk about a site! My roommate and I parked my car on a service road just off the side of the road and sat on the hood of my car as we watched the sun go down. We had people driving by staring at us; some probably thinking we were crazy, other curious, and some just plain jealous. One lady drove by and yelled out her window "I'm jealous girls! I should have brought my camera!! Enjoy it!"

I'm a sucker for pretty sunsets...

Day 27
January 27
Waiting for Beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment