Sunday, January 2, 2011

New year brings new project: 365 project for 2011

Throughout the past few months I've been looking at pictures that I took from when I very first started in photography and I can't believe how much I've improved. Even over the last year I have seen a huge improvement in my photos and I've realized what the key ingredient is: shoot more! I knew I wanted to some sort of project for the new year; something that will push me in my photography to make me better. I was talking to my boyfriend and he suggested I do a 365 project (take a photo every day of the year, which he has also done for the past two years). I juggled the thought for a while and finally decided, 'I'm doing a 365 project for 2011!!!'

Instead of having a personal new years resolution, like eat out less, or go to the gym more (which I will hopefully do anyways!) I decided on these things:

1) I have to update my blog before I post pictures on Facebook. I think that a huge part of a picture is about what the artist sees in it so I want my fans to hear what I have to say as well as see it. Although sometimes I feel like no one ever reads my blog (if you do I'd love to hear from you! Please?!) I've decided that no matter what, the first place I will upload all my pictures to is my blog!

2) I have to take a picture every day for this whole year. I can't fall behind on my pictures and have to push myself every day. I want to try every day to do something outside of my comfort zone and push my boundaries with every photo.

2.5) Although I have to do a picture every day I have to keep in mind that school comes before anything so I will push myself to do a photo every day but I may not have them online right away, so fans, please be patient with me!

3) STOP PROCRASTINATING!
I am the queen of procrastination, Miss "I'll do it later" so I'm putting my foot down and putting an end to it! 2011 will not be a year of procrastination for me! End of discussion!

So fans, here is my first photo for my 365 project. Since today is the first day of the first month in the 2011 year, I decided to do 1/1/11.

Thanks to my boyfriend, Scott, for helping with the lights!


1 comment:

  1. Nice Goal! Wish I could commit to that, but life gets in the way right now. Ugh....You have come a long way and I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete