Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Miss Courtney Ann is three!

It seems like every time I photograph these kiddos I start to feel older and older! My niece, Miss Courtney Ann, is turning three next weekend so my sister-in-law asked me to do pictures of her and of course I was delighted! Our session with Courtney for her two year pictures didn't go the greatest so I was hoping that her three year pictures would go a little better but I was being silly to expect an almost three year old to actually want to sit and take pictures.

It took us a while to get her to cooperate and hardly got any formal pictures of her smiling like her mom had hoped. But we got her to at least smile in some of them, even if she wasn't sitting on the block or in the balloons like we'd ask.

In order to get her to take some pictures we had to have big brother Joe show her how 'big kids' take pictures. Now that Courtney has her 'big girl bed', we told her she has to take pictures like a big girl (but that of course didn't work out).

Despite the troubles with getting her to smile and cooperate like we'd wanted, these are probably some of my favorite pictures of her!

So here are our pictures for my session with Joe, Courtney, and Steph.

Enjoy!




My boyfriend has started his own 365 project where he photographs a little Danbo (You can view his photos by going here). When he showed me the link to the little guy he was buying for his project I was so fascinated, saying "oh he's adorable", "he's so stinkin' cute!" etc., so guess who got their own Danbo for Christmas?! ME!

I may feature Danbo a few times throughout the year in my 365 but this is Danbo's first appearance in my photos for the year. I got Danbo out while the kids were at the house and they fell in love with him. So I asked Courtney to take a picture with him and of course she wouldn't smile but she was dressed in her pink and white tutu and her tiara and was looking absolutely adorable.

Although in this picture she's actually holding her hand to her mouth because she was shoving m&m's in her mouth (which ended up on Danbo along with some slober!) she totally has this Diva look and I couldn't resist posting it!



And of course my photo of the day!

Day 4
January 4

We had asked Courtney to sit on her block (pictured above) for her pictures but she refused to. Instead she wanted to sit on my mom's ottoman. So we moved the ottoman so she could sit on it, but instead of sitting on it she sat next to it. She was playing with the flaps on the bottom and looking under it and I asked her, "What? Are you going to try and climb under there?" Leave it to me to give the kids bad ideas! So Courtney shimmied her way under the ottoman. But at least she was smiling!

I love her expression in this picture; her bright blue eyes, laughing out loud, climbing out from under furniture, holding her magic wand, and a little pink bow to top it all off!



No comments:

Post a Comment