Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Military homecoming

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while now might remember when my roommates Dad left for Afghanistan. Today was a great day for their family as he returned back home to American Soil. I joined the Johnson family at the airport to photograph their big day and it was a great day at that. It was great to see all the other men and women in uniform awaiting Skip's arrival right next to his wife, kids, family, and friends.

Here are a few pictures from the great day! I will have more pictures on my website in the next day or so! Enjoy!





Day 137
May 17

"Homecoming"

It may be hard to see in this picture, but between Skip and Heidi are their three girls, Rachael, Taylor, and Paige, seeing their father for the first time in about 7 months.





The girls made their dad a welcome home sign to hold up at the airport so I asked them to take a picture with their dad and the sign.

Johnson family,
Thank you so much for letting me be part of your big day! It was an amazing experience for me and I loved being able to capture this day for you. Skip, welcome home! We've all missed you and we're glad to have you back!

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. The picture of him hugging Heidi is wonderful. They should frame that.

    ReplyDelete