Friday, May 13, 2011

Big girl band-aid

I had my blood drawn for the very first time on Monday and I felt like such a big girl!

I told the nurse when I walked in, "I should probably warn you, I have never had my blood drawn before and my family has a history of passing out". She looked at me, sighed and said, "oooook". She told me, "I do not pick anybody up off the floor on days that end in 'y', and don't think you're smart just because you figured out the joke. If you start to feel sick or anything, tell me." She then told me not to think about it and to look away and think of something, like pickles and ice cream. I told her "I'd rather not think about that because I can't eat today for prep for surgery. Besides, that sounds like a terrible combination" then she told me to think about waterfalls then decided that was a bad idea because I'd have to do a urine sample later as well.

I ended up making it through the whole thing without feeling light headed, having ringing ears, feeling nauseous, nothing! I was so proud of myself! I walked out of the hospital, proud to be wearing my big girl band-aid.

Day 129
May 9

"Big Girl Band-aid"

No comments:

Post a Comment