Monday, December 20, 2010

Wild Basin hiking trip

Talk about a beautiful hike! On Saturday my boyfriend, his best friend, and I went on a photography/hiking trip to the Wild Basin/Calypso Cascades and boy was it beautiful!! The snow was falling straight down the whole time, it was a little cold but we were all bundled up so it was no problem, and the scenery was beautiful!!

It took us about 2.5- 3 hours to hike about 2.5 miles up to our destination while we stopped for breaks to catch our breath (and fix my socks to try and stop the blister on my heal from growing), take some pictures, and enjoy the scenery. When we got to our destination we stopped to sit on the side of the path to eat some lunch before starting our journey back home.

It took us about an hour to hike back to the car (most of which was downhill, luckily) because we only stopped once or twice to rest our legs before continuing on. By the time we got to the car I was dead! I had a blister on one of my heals the size of a quarter and another one started on the other heal about the size of a dime from my not so warn in snow boots. My hips hurt so bad that I could barely move! That night my boyfriend and I went to the light show at the Botanical Gardens in Denver and we were both so sore we looked like an 80 year old couple limping around!

Despite the pain it was all worth it because the view was beautiful!
Here are a few pictures from our adventure to Wild Basin.







No comments:

Post a Comment