Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Shooting with Miss Darcy

Now that finals are over and I'm on my Christmas break I figured it would be the perfect time to catch up on my blog again!!

The Saturday of Thanksgiving break I helped my big sister photograph a wedding of one of her friends from college. We wanted to try some new lighting techniques for the wedding so we decided to practice at my aunts house during thanksgiving using our family as models. After reading the manuals on both of our cameras and flashes and blinding our entire family with continuous flashing we finally got it figured out! Even though we had struggles with the lighting, I was loving every minute of camera talk with my sister!
I shot my very first wedding with my sister in November of 2006 and we both shot our brothers wedding in 2007 but since she lives in California and I live in Colorado we haven't had a chance to shoot one together in a few years. It was so great to shoot again with the one person who started me into photography. I had a blast at the wedding with Darcy as we taught each other tips and tricks of what has worked for us over the years.

Mary Beth and Donald had a beautiful fall wedding on the Regis University campus. They were very laid back and easy going and were willing to do whatever pictures we wanted. Here are a few picture from the day!!
To view more pictures from the day visit Darcy's website







No comments:

Post a Comment