Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with the family!

Since it's Christmas time I thought I better make a "Christmas special Blog"! So here it is! This year I spent Christmas with all my siblings (besides my sister Darcy who spent Christmas in rainy California) so I decided to do a photo for each member of my family on Christmas day, so here they are!!


My nephew Joe loves guns of all sorts. When he went to see Santa at Cabela's he told him that he wanted a machine gun, a shot gun, and a rifle. And of course his little sister Courtney wanted everything that he wanted..in Pink. My aunt, uncle, and cousins got him a Nerf machine gun for Christmas (which he loved of course). And my siblings and I got my dad a new shot gun and scope. So we had Joe and Grandpa pose for a picture with their guns. But of course the way Joe was holding his gun made it look like he was about to shoot my dad in the face!

Not only does Joe love guns but he is also into the Star Wars movies right now. So my brother Jeff and I were the great aunt and uncle that we are and decided to get him a light saber. These light sabers are battery powered so they light up. This light saber can also turn into two separate sabers so you can fight and they have sensors in them that make sounds when you hit them together. Joe was definitely not bored on Christmas day with all his toys.

And also you can see in this picture that we did NOT have a white Christmas =(
I woke up in the morning to see the ground covered in white but when I looked a little closer I realized it was just frost from the fog the night before. It was nice enough on our Colorado Christmas day for Joe and I to be outside without a coat on.

Joe also got a Darth Vadar helmet, which my brother, Mark, is fixing in the picture above and my brother Nick, is wearing in the picture below. It has buttons that make it talk like Darth Vadar and also has a voice changer to make you sound like him when you're wearing it.


My niece, Courtney, absolutely loves my sister-in-law, Alisha.

Miss Courtney snuggling with Aunt Alisha on the floor.

You can't have Christmas without naps! My sister-in-law, Stephanie, was taking a nap on the couch and Courtney was climbing in and out of her lap the whole time. When we told her, "leave your mommy alone so she can sleep", she'd still climb right up in her lap and squirm around.

My mom gave Courtney a 'granddaughter' bracelet so she was helping her put it on.

Boys will be boys... Joe had sweet talked my brother, Jeff, into playing light sabers with him outside. When Jeff saw me taking pictures he threatened me to a duel.

No comments:

Post a Comment