Monday, November 15, 2010

Photo manipulation

For my latest project in my photography class I was required to take two photos, one that was manipulated using photoshop and another one where I altered a scene by either taking an object out of a scene or adding one to it.

Here is my digitally manipulated image.
I have to admit that this image turned out to be a lot more trouble than I expected it to be but after a lot of work in photoshop I was able to get this as my final image!

Can you see the change? =)

The image that I actually altered the scene was probably my favorite of the two and the one I had the most fun with. I asked my siblings if they had any furniture that they didn't mind if it got wet, damaged, or dirty so I could take it out in a pasture. It was just my luck that we had this old chair in the basement that had been collecting dust for the last several years! I sweet talked my brother into helping me take it down to the pasture. So we loaded it in the back of his pick-up and headed on our adventure.

I tried several locations for my photo and this one was my first and by far my favorite. This location is one of my all time favorite places to go when I'm back home. There is nobody around to bother me and the only sounds are the sounds of nature and the swooshing of the blades on the nearby wind turbines.
I decided to recline the chair to give it a sense of relaxation. If I simply put a chair out there with the back straight up it would show a chair in a field, with the foot rest up I hoped it would give the viewer the same feeling I have when I'm here- relaxed and carefree.


I know the chair is an ugly old chair but I feel with this picture it is perfect! I got lucky that the day I went out to take this picture it had been snowing off and on throughout the morning and it was cloudy and the skies were a dark blue. It was perfect!
I love the contrast of the green chair against the white snow and the deep blue skies. Also I love the idea of the old wind mill in comparison to the new wind turbines. And even the old green chair and the fresh snow. It shows the new and old, beauty and beast in perfect harmony.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Very TALENTED! I got the feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and artistic. You are very talented Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete