Monday, November 15, 2010

Graphic design- Bill of rights

A month or so our graphic design teacher gave us an assignment to create a poster that had to display one of the bill of rights graphically. I decided to do freedom of speech. I originally thought of the idea of using facebook as a form of communication, or perhaps overusing facebook as communication. I will admit that I am a facebook lover and I am on it 24/7 but the truth is I would rather have a face to face conversation, or even a phone call, with someone than facebooking but I love that Facebook can connect me with friends and family all over the country at the same time.

What my project was about is using media, mostly texting, as a main form of communication. I think a huge problem with our generation is that it's too easy to avoid verbal communication with someone. We can completely avoid the verbal communication by sending an e-mail, facebook message, or text message.

What really gave me the idea for this was when I saw two people sitting less than a foot away from each other and choosing to text each other instead of actually talking to each other.

With this poster design I want show that we shouldn't abuse our freedom of speech, literally, and instead of spending 20 minutes texting someone, just call them!

I'd like to thank my friend and great RA Dan for doing the modeling for this photo and also my roommate Monica for her great hand modeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment