Saturday, December 29, 2012

Waymonn | Denver Portrait Photographer

For the last two years I have participated in (and helped coordinate) an amazing international event called Help-Portrait. Our photography club at UNC has put it on, but this year we just didn't have the time, energy, and money to make it happen. Knowing that we couldn't make that happen was a little disappointing for me but I knew there was another opportunity for me out there.

That was when I met Waymonn. Scott's dad works in the maintenance department at the Denver Rescue Mission. Through his work there he has been able to meet some men who have struggled in their life, but with the help of some great leaders and God's guidance they are making a better life for themselves. Waymonn is one of those men.

Scott's dad has been mentoring Waymonn for a while now and was able to bring Waymonn home for the weekend to spend some time with Scott's family, have some time for himself, and go to church with the family.

Scott and I decided as our Christmas present for Waymonn we would have our own version of Help-Portrait and give him some nice pictures to send to his family at Christmas time.

Waymonn is an amazing man and I am honored to have had the opportunity to meet him, but even more honored to take his portrait.

For those of you who are pray-ers out there, I ask that you keep Waymonn in your thoughts and prayers and that he will continue to follow the path God has laid out for him and not give into temptations.



Elizabeth Fehringer | Images by Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment