Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kodak Demolition

Today was my first day back at the Greeley Tribune. I worked there as an intern and decided to go back for this month to get more hours for my community service scholarship as well as gain more experience in the photography world. My first shoot of 2011 was the demolition of the Kodak building in Windsor. It was pretty interesting to see all the past and current employees was the building come down that they spend so many years at. Many of the people that I talked to were employees of the Kodak company for over 30 years. Some of the older men that I talked to were some of the original 200 families that were sent to the Windsor division from Rochester, New York. One man told me, "It was hard enough for us men to move out here, let alone our wives. We woke up in the morning and spent all day at work while they stayed at home and didn't know anybody in the town"

I may have been surrounded by hundreds of strangers but many of them talked to me like we'd been friends for a long time!



This was during the Demolition and everyone had their cameras out taking pictures of the wall coming down. I probably looked pretty funny with my big lens pointing away from the action!!

Day 152
June 1

"Main Event"

1 comment:

  1. Libby,
    Another great story to go with a few great pics!

    ReplyDelete